Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

A few hours after I wrote my last post, Alex and I came down with the stomach virus. It was the worst we have felt in a very long time. Thankfully Nathan did not catch it and we were still able to travel to Dallas to spend Thanksgiving with Alex's family.

We arrived on Wednesday and spent the day hanging out with family. On Thursday, we participated in the North Texas Turkey Trot 5k. Yes, you read that right. Kim Beasley did a 5k. No, I did not run the whole thing especially after just having the stomach virus but I did walk/run and I did finish the race. And no, I was not the last one across the finish line!
Alex and I did the 5k with Alex's sister, Julie, and her husband, Chad. Now Chad and Julie ran the whole thing! They did awesome and looked like pros. We really had fun. Felt good to do something active before we stuffed our faces later that day.

We of course had a yummy, yummy meal Thursday afternoon. The food was great but we really had fun hanging out with Alex's parents and his sisters and their husbands. And Nathan had fun playing with his cousins, Mabry and Clark.
My little turkey.


 Heart is overflowing.

These cousins are going to have so much fun together as they grow older!

Grandmother and Granddad with all their grandchildren.

I love this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment